TOEKNEEZ LYRICS & POETRY AKA MAD-TONE AUSSIE BUSH POET

born in March in September 1952.Have been writing poetry since about 1962.Happily married to Julie , with 3 adult children and two grandkids--have had a non-creative period of late--but here's hoping that "creative juices" may flow again---all writings, remain the property of ToeKnees Lyrics all enquiries for this blog via tonyfromwindsor@yahoo.com

Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

ALL SONGS POEMS AND COMMENTS ON THIS BLOG REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF TOE KNEEZ LYRICS-FOR USE/SALE CONTACT TONY--via tonyfromwindsor@yahoo.com

Friday, February 11, 2005

What Became Of Yesturday ?

Do you remember when you were a kid? do you /wasn't life better in those days.and then we went and stuffed it all by growing up.Not that I regret growing up.the alternative wasn't very attractive,but life was fun,when I was young.

What became of yesturday?
the days when life was fun
each day a new adventure
long ago,when I was young.
When the yard was Sherwood Forest
Dad's shed the Nottingham Castle
the girl nextdoor Maid Marion
Me ? Robin Hood the rascal
my brother was The Sheriff
and we,for the Maiden fought
but we would both try to lose,for
from the winner, a kiss she sought.
and mum would tuck us into bed
the day too short it seems
and night had come to quickly
twas now the time for dreams.
When we awoke next morning
the forest was no more
instead the Arizona desert
where were trees the day before.
And my brother the sheriff,was long gone
as he jumped out of bed
Whooping ,wailing and screeching
with feathers in his head.
Robin Hood looked in his mirror
and behind him saw with fright
and quickly grabbed his six gun
There were "Injuns" there to fight
and mum would tuck us in our bed
our guns still in our hands
for night had come too quickly
out in the desert sands
"Get Up, get up" said Mum
"Jill is here to play
Her Mum has gone into town
and she is here to stay"
"But what about the Injuns"
I said reaching for my gun
just like a silly sissie girl
to come and spoil our fun.
Dad shed todays a hospital
midst our grizzles and our curses
for the only game she knows to play
is Doctors,Babys and Nurses
"Come on Patients,into bed"
Oh this game the worst
"I'll show you mine,if you show me yours"
"No,you show me yours first"
and Mum would tuck us in our beds
and ,in my prayers I'm wishing
that my friend Jill,would be well soon
for part of her was missing
What did become of yesturday,
the days when life was fun.
a life full of adventure
long ago,when I was young .