TOEKNEEZ LYRICS & POETRY AKA MAD-TONE AUSSIE BUSH POET

born in March in September 1952.Have been writing poetry since about 1962.Happily married to Julie , with 3 adult children and two grandkids--have had a non-creative period of late--but here's hoping that "creative juices" may flow again---all writings, remain the property of ToeKnees Lyrics all enquiries for this blog via tonyfromwindsor@yahoo.com

Name:
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

ALL SONGS POEMS AND COMMENTS ON THIS BLOG REMAIN THE PROPERTY OF TOE KNEEZ LYRICS-FOR USE/SALE CONTACT TONY--via tonyfromwindsor@yahoo.com

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

CHERISH THE MEMORIES

Comes a time when the sadness has to stop,we can feel sorry for ourselves forever,or we can after a reasonable length of time say "Ive got to get on with it" and unless we've lived a totally miserable life (which surely some have)most of us have a tool that can help us get over, or through these hard times.Those of you that know me,would know that my Dad died when I was very young,leaving my wonderful Mum with six children,and I've often wondered how the hell she got through,and I reckon she must have used the tool,she Cherished The Memories.


MANY,IS THE TIME I'VE WONDERED,
AND I WISH,THAT I COULD SEE.
THE THINGS THAT REALLY MADE ME TICK,
THE THINGS THAT MADE ME,ME.
TO TRAVEL THROUGH LIFE'S BUMPY PATH,
WITH ITS UPS,AND ITS DOWNS.
THE THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY,
THE THINGS THAT BRING ON FROWNS.
LIFE'S GOOD,LIFE'S ROTTEN
SOME THINGS I'M SURE,
ARE BEST FORGOTTEN.
SO,LETS KEEP THE GOOD,
DEFY THE BAD.
AND CHERISH PRECIOUS THINGS
WE'VE HAD.
LET MEMORIES BE
OUR GUIDE THROUGH PAIN,AND
OUR PLEASANT TIMES
RELIVE AGAIN.
AND AGAIN AND AGAIN
IF IT BE NEEDED.
UNTIL OUR TROUBLED TIMES
RECEEDED. CHERISH THE MEMORIES.